Sunday, February 26, 2017

Bill's Bar - Acrylic Painting of Iconic Boston Neon Sign

Bill's Bar
9 x 12  inches
acrylic on cradled panel

I noticed the sign for Bill's on Landsdowne while nearing Fenway Park for a Red Sox game. The sign combines neon and light bulbs - and the colors combined with the colors of the building made me certain I had to paint it! Maybe a larger version with a different crop will be in the works? I've never been "hip" enough to actually go inside, but it is known as quite the party spot!

Perhaps you've seen a musical group here? Or spent a festive New Years Eve? Or maybe just know someone named Bill - this painting would be a great addition to an art collection - especially for fans of old neon. Contact me if you are interested in more information!

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Amazing painting! I think you're hip Debbie!

Post a Comment