Friday, October 2, 2015

Greetings - Small Acrylic Painting of a Classic Toy

Greetings
4 x 4 inches
acrylic on cradled panel

Yes, I am totally obsessed with Mr. Potatohead!
I've been painting him on ornaments, cradled panels, large canvases, small canvases, gessobord - even watercolor paper. So much fun to set up as a still life - and they make me smile when I paint them. And with the holidays coming up, wouldn't they make a fun gift, too? I love taking them to shows - kids get so excited when they see them, it's kind of neat to combine a toy that everyone recognizes with art - kind of makes art more "approachable" for some.

And, I picked up one more vintage "model", so there will be even more coming up! Hope you don't get tired of this silly little guy......

No comments:

Post a Comment