Tuesday, September 2, 2014

On the Corner - Small ACEO Painting Cityscape, Old Woolworths Building in Haverhill, Massachusetts

On The Corner
2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches
acrylic on watercolor paper

Day 2 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge. We are supposed to pick a theme....I considered going back to the "Things from my Kitchen" that I did for the Fun-A-Day Project in January since I had such a good time with that. Then I considered doing smaller versions of some of my "Roadside Retro" paintings as warmups for the shows I have coming up for that series. And then I considered doing a month of my mini ornament paintings to get ready for the holidays. But you know what?  September is such an incredibly crazy month for me, I didn't want to add to the stress. So basically my theme is just to "Get It Done". In whatever form it takes.

This is a familiar corner to people who live near Haverhill. It was once a Woolworths, but has been closed and empty for many decades. It is scheduled to be demolished this month as part of a new downtown development. I took a number of pictures around the back of the building, which I can see possibly becoming a series of its own at one point. I wish I had a chance to see the inside of the building before it goes.....

This piece is going to Positive Images Gallery on Wingate Street in Haverhill, Massachusetts later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment