Wednesday, August 13, 2014

West Village Provisions - Small Landscape Painting of a Local Building in Boxford

West Village Provisions
8 x 6 inches
acrylic on 3/4" cradled panel

I started this little painting of a local business during their anniversary open house a few months ago. I didn't quite finish it that day, so I let it sit and recently decided to finish it up to hang in the show at my local library.

West Village Provisions is one of my favorite places in town. From it's historical beginnings as a general store, it is now THE place to get a yummy and healthy breakfast or lunch, the best coffee around, and some specialty groceries and gifts. The owners are very friendly and the food is great. They really support local farmers and businesses, and did I mention that they sell some of my paintings there as well?!!

This painting, along with 13 others from my "Along the Way" series are now hanging at the Boxford Town Library though September 17, 2014. There will be an artist reception on August 26 from 6-7;30 pm for those of you who are local to Massachusetts. It seems like this series will be going "on tour" over the next year, so stay tuned for details for more venues where it can be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment