Sunday, May 4, 2014

On Blue - Small Acrylic Painting, Kitchen Art Still Life Painting

On Blue
4 x 4 inches
acrylic on 3/4" cradled panel

I love the clementine on the bright blue plate. Something about those complementary colors! I keep finding myself going back to the blue plate or a blue bowl when I set up still lifes with orange fruit. I will have to try to get myself to try something different....

I have been prepping some more panels today - some slightly larger sizes and some long rectangles. I have an idea for something I want to try out on a 6 x 12 inch panel - and it is not a fruit or vegetable!

This painting also went to the local Parent Teacher Organization for a silent auction. The event was last night, so I look forward to hearing how these little guys did  ;-) I love these colors and may try out this composition in a slightly larger format - maybe on a canvas? We will see.....


No comments:

Post a Comment