Monday, January 6, 2014

Slippery When Wet - Small Still Life Painting Fun-A-Day Project

Slippery When Wet
3 x 3 inches
acrylic on 3/8" canvas

Silly, I know - but I've been wanted to try to paint an egg for a while now. That is one of the advantages to this little project - not only is it incubating some ideas for larger paintings, but it is also giving me the chance to try a few things that I was nervous to try before.

And yes, that shell is GREEN! I get local eggs as much as possible, and one of my friends has chickens whose eggs are the most lovely shade of green. I am forever washing and saving the shells - they just seem too pretty to just throw away. My husband keeps asking me what I am going to do with them....why, paint them, of course!

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

I think this painting is so creative! Love it! Green egg shells! Love to see what you are going to paint on them!

Post a Comment