Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fallen Leaves - Small Painting, ACEO Original

Fallen Leaves 3
2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches
acrylic on watercolor paper

Another one in my popular Fallen Leaves Series. I actually started this series last year (under a different name) but decided to continue them this year.

It seems every time I take my dog for a walk, I pick up a few more beautiful leaves that I want to paint. Sometimes it is the color, sometimes the shape, but something makes me pick up certain ones. I love the simplicity of the colorful leaf with its shadow on a stark white background. I spot varnish the painting of the leaf itself, so it really pops.

This painting is available now on my blog, and in a few days it will be on my Etsy shop with a few options. Because Etsy now allows listing variations, I am going to try listing these with the options of being unframed, matted to 5 x 7, or matted and framed in a 5 x 7 black metal gallery frame. We shall see how people like them best!

No comments:

Post a Comment