Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What I've Been Painting on Lately......

Okay - this is a new one for me....

Ready?

An apron!

The wonderful folks at the Newburyport Art Association asked me if I would paint an apron for the upcoming Artful Feast Auction. I said "sure" - thinking it would be a fun little project, maybe something a little different.

They sent me off with an apron and a recommendation for a kind of fabric paint. I thought using fabric paint would be a lot like painting in acrylic, but boy, was I wrong! It was a bit of a struggle - and a steep learning curve. And man, you can not make any mistakes because there is no covering anything up. But once I got into it, it was kind of fun (well except for the one evening I was working on it when I was really tired - I was sure I was going to start to fall asleep and I would drop my paint brush and make a stray mark on the apron!)

But I got it done, and heat set it, and dropped it off at the Newburyport Art Association. It will be part of the silent auction for the Artful Feast on Saturday, June 8, 2013. More details are available here. I will also have another small painting in the silent auction so I hope you can check it out if you are in the area.

Now I seem to have a little bit of fabric paint left. I am considering maybe hand painting some market totes. Any interest out there?

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

These are so cute!! I love them! I think you should paint some market totes ;o)

Post a Comment