Sunday, February 3, 2013

Arcade - Acrylic Painting of Neon Sign



Arcade
12 x 12 inches
acrylic on canvas

Another view of the neon sign at the Salem Willows Arcade in Salem, MA. It is a great sign - I've done a few other smaller paintings of it. This one is a whopping (for me!) 12 x 12 inches for the same juried show that I am entering "Schwinn Bicyclery".

I am soooo looking forward to doing some smaller pieces now. I hate that I fell behind in the 30 Day Challenge - but I knew going into this that I had some commitments that were going to require larger paintings. Still, I had hoped that I could keep up longer. The larger paintings made me realize that I will need to rethink my setup if I am going to do more larger work. I'd like to do a  mix, but I'm really going to have to think this one through.....

Now I plan to spend a few days happily doing some smaller work to refresh my displays locally,,,,then on to another series for the Gloucester gallery.....more to come!


1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Wicked painting!!! Very cool!! Make sure to take time to breathe, when you get some time ;o)

Post a Comment