Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 7/30 - The Big Blue - Small Still Life Painting

The Big Blue
3 x 4 inches
acrylic on canvas

Marbles! I've wanted to paint glass marbles for a while - and when I heard the theme for the next show at MixtMedia Gallery is "Reflections" I thought it would be the perfect opportunity! I was considering doing a long vertical painting with marbles, but I decided to do these little ones to practice first - and now I'm thinking I may do 3 or 4 of these to hang together instead.

The marbles are so interesting to paint. You get all caught up in the abstract shapes and swirls - and then it starts all coming together and actually ends up looking like a marble! The blue marble in this painting keeps making me think of a snow globe.....

4 comments:

Deanna Lack said...

Omigosh I LOVE THIS!! Definitely something I will have to try. Great job with it too!

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, this is cool!!! This is sooooooooooooooo cool!! The coolest painting you have done!! A+++

Debbie Shirley said...

Thanks so much!

Stacy - you are too funny! Thanks!

Deanna - thanks! You should definintely give it a shot - lots of fun to paint.

Magic Love Crow said...

Me funny, never ;o) LOL!

Post a Comment