Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ornaments! Small Still Life Painting

3 x 2 inches
acrylic on canvas

Yes, this is tiny!
I accidentally got a few of these mini canvases with my last art supply order. (I think I meant to order 3x5s!) I was going to return them, when my mind started coming up with ideas of what I could do with them.

Since I have  a few holiday shows coming up (soon!), I thought I'd create a few quick holiday-themed paintings and make them into ornaments. This is the first one. Once the varnish has dried on it, I plan to put felt over the back, add a screw eye to the top with a ribbon - and there you go - an ornament ready to hang! Hopefully I will get a chance to post a picture of a totally completed one soon.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Very pretty! I think it will be a really nice ornament! Great idea!

Post a Comment