Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Little Tipsy - Mini Vegetable Still Life Painting SOLD

A Little Tipsy
3x4 inches
acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Another little still life to go in the grouping of fruits and vegetables. I'm enjoying seeing how all the colors work together. The background colors really make a big impact on how the subject looks - I am doing a lot of experimenting!

Still incredibly HOT here! I found it really hard to concentrate on painting - or anything else - today. Let's hope the heat breaks tomorrow, or I may just be a melted puddle by the end of the week!

"A Little Tipsy" will be joining a bunch of other fruit and vegetable still lifes at West Village Provisions, West Boxford, MA through late August.

1 comment:

Sonya Johnson said...

I love the orange background you chose for the eggplants - nice incorporation of the secondaries, and the reflections are great.

It's funny - as a food, I can't stand eggplant, but it is in my favorite shade of purple, and I always enjoy paintings of them.

Post a Comment