Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sun Dance Series - #3 SOLD

Sun Dance Series - #3
5x5 inches
acrylic on canvas
SOLD

This is #3 of 4. I think I am going to call this series "Sun Dance". A little bit about what is behind this series.....

I found out that the theme for the January show at the MiXtMedia gallery is "Winter Warmup". To me, sunflowers seemed the perfect thing to paint  - just the thing to brighten up the greys of winter. And the effect of the strong morning light coming through my window and illuminating the sunflowers just seemed to make the petals and leaves come alive and dance in the light. I am planning to do four paintings of different views of the sunflowers - kind of representing the four seasons. I have one left to do, but I also have two views that I would like to paint. I think my last one will have to be a face-up towards the sun view - one for representing "summer". I still want to do one more view from the back of the sunflower, but I think that will have to wait until I am done painting for this show. I still have a few more paintings I would like to complete - and they are due at the gallery on Saturday (eek!) - so off to paint some more.......

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Well, it looks like you're moving right along! A sunflower a day is certainly lovely to admire for your followers (like me) working our way through winter. Reminds us of warm, summer days. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Another gorgeous painting Debbie! You are doing a great job! Have fun getting all your painting done ;o)

Post a Comment