Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Bend in the Road

The Bend in the Road
4x4 inches
acrylic on canvas

Okay - I finally got brave and did one of the Daily Paintworks Challenges. There are a couple I would like to do, but things have been so crazy lately! When I saw the German landscape photos from Carol Marine, I knew I HAD to do that one NOW! I do not really like doing landscapes from photos, especially someone else's photos of a place I have never been, but I really wanted to give this one a try. My husband goes to Germany a lot and I am always trying to imagine what the landscape that he sees looks like.And the photo for this one actually makes me think of New England. I am also excited about doing some new landscapes soon - I am committing to myself that I will get back outside to paint this year! I haven't painted en plein air since college, and I am determined that as soon as the weather warms up, I willl be back out there!

So this painting is my warm up for landscape season. Plus with our trip out West coming up, I am sure I will be doing many more landscapes soon.....




"The Bend in the Road" - $58 includes s/h in the US
(please contact me for international shipping)

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful Debbie! You are so talented! I can't wait to see more ;o) Take Care!

Post a Comment