Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chili Peppers SOLD

I don't like to skip too many days without posting here...it is one of the issues I have when I am working on a larger painting. I need to learn to work on more than one painting at a time so that I can still have work to post! I took a break from the painting I am wrestling with that is to go to the Spring Show with Caterpillar Coaster in order to do a smaller piece.

Chili Peppers
2.5 x 3.5 inches
acrylic on watercolor paper
SOLD
My two older kids love all things spicy and are always trying to talk me into buying fresh hot peppers (yes, we have an entire shelf in the cupboard dedicated to hot sauces!). These were such a pretty shade of green, with a tiny spot of orange on the end, I couldn't resist. I've been working on the other painting so these sat tin the bag for a few days. When I went to take them out this morning, they were already totally red! My youngest son got quite excited and exclaimed "I can't wait to see what color they turn next!"

3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Debbie ;o) Another great painting! My mom and brother love everything hot! They have a cupboard like yours! I can take spicy, but not as spicy as them! And Caterpillar Coaster has alot of detail! Wow! That's alot of work!! Take Care!

hintofspirit said...

I love those bright colors!

Debbie Shirley said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments!
I think we may see how spicy these are tonight.....

Post a Comment